Registration for this year’s six week Adult Learn to Row program is now open.
The Spring Learn-to-Row program begins with an optional technical session at the West Point Boathouse on Saturday, April 15, 9am – 1pm (nominal additional fee), continues with weekly on-the-water practices beginning on Sunday, April 23 (please see the learn to row application link below to select the once a week practice time slot that works best for you), and culminates with the annual “Greenwood Lake Challenge” for the Sullivan Cup on Sunday, June 4, 2017 beginning at 8 a.m.
Every effort is made to put boats together based on preferred practice time, age, athletic ability, and competitive desire. If you already have a team together you may list all names on the application for a team of four (4) people maximum but you must include a check for all four rowers. Rowers will have the same team, coach, and practice time for the duration of the program. Coaches are seasoned volunteer members of the club. We will allow those who have completed the program more than three (3) times to register.
You must be available on race day, Sunday, June 4 beginning 8 a.m., in order to participate in this program. We also require that you know how to swim, be able to lift 35 pounds over your head, be over 18, and sign the required waiver.
- Registration Saturday March 25th at Boat House 69 Sterling Road 9-12am
- Saturday, April 15, 9 a.m. – West Point (optional plus small fee)
- Sunday, April 23 – on the water program begins
- Sunday, June 4 beginning at 8:00 a.m. – mandatory race day
- Must be 18 or over to participate
- All participants must fill out and mail in, or come to boat house to register on March 25th. Deadline for Mail in March 25th.
1) Program application
2) Signed waiver
3) Check payable to EARC for $130
- Mail ALL registration materials to be considered a completed application BY MARCH 25 to:
East Arm Rowing Club
P.O. Box 301
Greenwood Lake, NY 10925
If you have any questions please call the boathouse at 845-477-3076 or email us at email@example.com.